Learn how to empower your people, involve your stakeholders, experiment with new ideas, protect your team, manage risks and monitor outcomes in this comprehensive guide to leading change.
2D Animated Explainer Video
Sharing responsibility for leading change
Replacing communication with involvement
Encouraging experimentation for leading change
Protecting the precious
Considering all types of risk
Monitoring what matters
How to Lead Change Effectively: Six Key Principles for Success
Change is inevitable, but it can also be challenging, complex and risky. Whether you are leading a small project or a large-scale transformation, you need to have the right skills, tools and mindset to navigate the change process and achieve your desired outcomes.
In this web page, you will find six videos that explain the key principles for leading change effectively. Each video covers a different aspect of change leadership, and provides practical tips and examples to help you apply the principle in your own context. By watching these videos, you will learn how to:
Share responsibility for leading change
- Rethink who should be powerful in driving change. Your people know their own customer needs best – let’s unlock their insight. Give your people the freedom to design and deliver their own amazing solutions while you focus on motivating, building skills and encouraging boldness.
Replace communication with involvement
- Is your transformation programme getting maximum value from your stakeholders? Communication matters but it doesn’t guarantee buy-in. Increase traction, engagement and quality of outcomes through deep and authentic involvement with those who will share in your success.
- Give your people the freedom to challenge, play, push boundaries and make mistakes in the pursuit of better results. There will be some mistakes made along the way, but let’s embrace these as somewhat messy progress towards a brighter future.
Protect what is most precious
- Change can be traumatic. Work out how change might affect your people, then do whatever you can to remove obstacles, reduce workload, avoid stress, bolster resilience and generally allow your people to flourish rather than flounder through change.
Consider all types of risk
- Be aware of all the impacts of your project, not just the ones that affect the bottom line. Keep a close eye on risks, see mitigation actions through and make sure your risk conversations are meaningful.
Monitor what matters
- Is your project performance giving the right message? Make your performance measures meaningful to all those involved in your project. This will help to manage expectations, encourage fresh thinking and increase the likelihood of you delivering your key success criteria.
These six principles are based on the latest research and best practices in change management, and have been proven to work in various settings and industries. By following these principles, you will be able to lead change more effectively, and create a positive impact for your organisation and your customers.
Disclaimer: The information on this website is written by GGRY Design and does not reflect the views or opinions of the client of the video. Please verify the accuracy and validity of the information with the client before making any decisions based on it.
Here's some of our best
We’re passionate about our work and gain a tremendous amount of enjoyment from each project we’re lucky enough to take on. However, even we have favourites, please feel free to browse all our examples.
Nice people say nice things, that’s what makes us tick.
Take a look at the kind words from some of our previous clients, big and small.